Base Set: 485 cards
- Short Prints: 100 cards (one-per Hobby pack, 1:12 retail)
- short set: 385 cards
- '36 Goudey: 25 cards (numbered to 1936, Hobby exclusive; Gold: numbered to 36, Hobby Exclusive; Red: numbered to 500, retail exclusive)
- Checklist: 15 cards (1:4)
- Hardball Preview: 10 discs (1:400 Hobby, 1:480 retail)
- Lumber Company: 30 cards (1:10 Hobby, 1:12 retail)
- Milestones: 25 cards (1:5 Hobby, 1:4 retail)
- Standouts: 15 cards (1:40 Hobby, 1:72 retail)
- Tradition Game Used: 44 cards (1:35 Hobby, 1:90 retail; Gold: numbered to 100)
- Lumber Company Game Used: 24 cards (1:108 Hobby, 1:195 retail; Gold: production varies)
- Milestones Game Used: 14 cards (1:143 Hobby, 1:270 retail; Gold: numbered to 100)
Notable "Cards": Blaster exclusive Barry Bonds pin.
- Based on the design of various 1970s-era MSA disc sets, the Fleer Hardball inserts were a promo for the upcoming set of the same name. Never heard of 2003 Fleer Hardball? Don't worry, you didn't miss much.
- Speaking of forgettable... Five years after including an insert based on the 1963 set, Fleer went to the well again by designing the whole 2003 Fleer Tradition around the '63s.
- Among the 100 Short Prints are 34 players active in 1963 who did not appear in the original '63 Fleer set.
- Backs of unnumbered Checklists form puzzles of Derek Jeter and Barry Bonds.
2003 Fleer Tradition Update
Base Set: 398 cards
- short set: 285 cards
- "Pack" Rookies: 14 cards (1:4)
- "Box" Rookies: 99 cards (25-per"Rookie" Box.)
- Glossy: 885 cards (1:24 retail, randomly inserted into Hobby, numbered to 100) Includes cards from both Fleer Tradition and Fleer Tradition Update.
- Diamond Debuts: 25 cards (1:8 retail, 1:10 Hobby)
- Long Gone!: 20 cards (1:72 retail, randomly inserted into Hobby, production varies from 410-536 copies)
- Milestones: 20 cards (1:6 retail, 1:8 Hobby)
- Turn Back the Clock: 10 cards (1:160 Hobby, 1:288 retail)
- Milestones Game Jersey: 16 cards (1:20 Hobby, 1:96 retail; Gold: numbered to 100)
- Throwback Threads: 5 cards (1:64 Hobby, 1:288 retail; Patch: numbered to 100)
- Throwback Threads Dual: 2 cards (numbered to 100)
Notable Cards: Hideki Matsui, Delmon Young, Chien-Ming Wang RCs
- In a rather confusing (and in retrospective downright stupid) packaging gimmick, each Hobby waxbox contained a 25-card "Rookie" box. The final 99 cards in the base set were only available in this box and not in packs.
- More of a second series than a true "Update" set. Includes base cards such players as Alex Rodriguez, Barry Bonds, Curt Schilling and Alfonso Soriano -- all of whom were not included in Fleer Tradition.
- Last year for Fleer Tradition Update.