Base Set: 720 cards (one series)
- Roger Clemens Career Highlights: 15 cards (cards 1-12 exclusive to packs and Hobby factory sets, cards 13-15 available via a wrapper redemption offer)
- All-Stars: 24 cards (wax exclusive)
- Rookie Sensations: 20 cards (jumbo exclusive)
- Team Leaders: 20 cards (rack exclusive)
- Lumber Company: 9 cards (Hobby factory set exclusive)
- Smoke 'n Heat: 12 cards (retail factory set exclusive)
- Roger Clemens Career Highlights Autographs
Notable Cards: Roger Clemens Autograph, Frank Thomas Rookie Sensation
- In an effort to "keep up with the Joneses," Fleer dramatically improved the quality of the cards using metallic inks on both sides of the card and a smoother card stock.
- Design a reminder of pro sport's early-90s "teal craze."
- Waxpaper wraps were replaced with poly-plastic.
- Pack price increased to $1/waxpack.
- Base sort arranged alphabetically by team with American League teams followed by the National League.
- First autographed inserts.
- First foil-stamped inserts.
- Final year for factory sets.
- Pro-Visions moved to the base set.
- Jumbo exclusive Rookie Sensations kicked off the "insert mania" of the early-90s.
1992 Fleer Update
Base Set: 132 cards
- '92 Headliners: 4 cards
Notable Cards: Mike Piazza and Jeff Kent RCs
- After years of overproduction and slow sales, '92 Fleer Update was printed to order.
- Production estimated to be equal to that of the 1984 Fleer Update set (about 12,000 sets).
- Iconic Mike Piazza RC.
- Addition of the '92 Headliners "insert."