Base Set: 761 cards (one series of 500 cards, the other of 261)
Parallels: Tiffany (1:20)
- Golden Memories: 10 cards (1:16, series one)
- Lumber Company: 18 cards (1:12, series one retail exclusive)
- Night and Day: 10 cards (1:240, series one)
- Rookie Sensations: 20 cards (1:6, series one)
- Team Leaders: 28 cards (1:20, series one)
- Zone: 20 cards (1:60, series one Hobby exclusive)
- Bleacher Blasters: 10 cards (1:36, series two retail exclusive)
- Decade of Excellence: 12 cards (1:36, series two Hobby exclusive; Rare Tradition parallel: 1:360, series two Hobby exclusive)
- Diamond Tribute: 12 cards (1:288 series two)
- Goudey Greats: 15 cards (1:8, series two; Foil parallel: 1:800, series two)
- Headliners: 20 cards (1:2, series two)
- Soaring Stars: 12 cards (1:12, series two)
Notable Cards: The aforementioned Andruw Jones AU, David "Arias" (Ortiz) RC
- Fleer Update replaced by a second series. However, the second series has most of '96 Fleer Update's traits, and that none of the packaging on series one boxes or wrappers mention it being part of a "first series."
- At 761 cards, the largest Fleer base set ever produced.
- Cards #751-761 were added late in the production run and are noticeably short-printed.
- The return of team checklist cards.
- Decade of Excellence inserts based on the design of 1987 Fleer.
- Home to one of only two David Ortiz (a.k.a. David Arias) RCs -- the other being '97 Ultra.