Base Set: 500 cards
- Short Prints: 100 cards (1:2, stealth)
- short set: 400 cards
- Diamond Tributes: 15 cards (1:6 Hobby, 1:10 retail)
- Grass Roots: 10 cards (1:18 Hobby, 1:20 retail)
- Heads Up: 10 cards (1:36 Hobby, 1:40 retail)
- Lumber Company: 30 cards (1:12 Hobby, 1:20 retail)
- This Day in History: 29 cards (1:18 Hobby, 1:24 retail)
- Grass Patch: 10 cards (limited to 50 copies)
- Lumber Company Bat: 30 cards (1:72)
- This Day in History Autographed: 8 cards (production varies from 50-100 copies)
- This Day in History Game Used: 22 cards (production varies from 50-250 copies)
- Design based on the 1934 Goudey set.
- One year after screwing over set builders with a factory set, collectors take it in door number two again after it is discovered that the first 100 cards in the base set are short-printed. Fleer never mentioned anywhere in run-up to Tradtion's release that there were any SPs.
2002 Fleer Tradition Update
Base Set: 400 cards
- Prospects: 100 cards (one-per-pack)
- short set: 300 cards
- Diamond Debuts: 15 cards (1:6)
- Grass Roots: 10 cards (1:18)
- Heads Up: 10 cards (1:36)
- New York's Finest: 15 cards (1:83)
- Plays of the Week: 30 cards (1:12)
- This Day in History: 25 cards (1:12)
- Grass Patch: 7 cards (numbered to 50)
- Heads Up Game Used Caps: 11 cards (numbered to 150)
- New York's Finest Single Swatch: 20 cards (1:112)
- New York's Finest Double Swatch: 6 cards
- This Day in History Autographs: 6 cards (1:582)
- This Day in History Game Used: 20 cards (1:28)
Notable Cards: Oliver Perez RC
- First Update set released in pack form since 1996.
- Largest Fleer Update set ever.
- First 100 cards in set short-printed, but at least Fleer had the courtesy to state that they were SPed.
- Designs and names of most inserts were recycled from the base set.
Base Set: 540 cards
- Gold Letters (15% of total production run)
- Minis (numbered to 50, retail exclusive)
- Tiffany (numbered to 200, Hobby exclusive)
- Barry Bonds Career Highlights: 10 cards (1:12 Hobby, 1:36 retail)
- Diamond Standouts: 10 cards (serial numbered to 1200)
- Golden Memories: 15 cards (1:24)
- Headliners: 20 cards (1:8 Hobby, 1:12 retail)
- Rookie Flashbacks: 20 cards (1:3, retail exclusive)
- Rookie Sensations: 20 cards (numbered to 1500, Hobby exclusive)
- Then and Now: 10 cards (numbered to 275, Hobby exclusive)
- Barry Bonds Career Highlights Autographed: 10 cards (numbered to 25 each)
- Classic Cuts Autographs: 9 cards (1:432, Hobby exclusive)
- Classic Cuts Game Used: 94 cards (1:24)
- Classic Cuts Game Used Autographs: 3 cards (limited to 35 or 45 copies)
Notable Cards: Classic Cuts
- A one-off product, 2002 Fleer is not considered to be part of the Fleer/Fleer Tradition "lineage."
- Despite this, many collectors consider this set to be a superior product to 2002 Fleer Tradition.
- Hobby exclusive Rookie Sensations and retail exclusive Rookie Flashbacks have the same 20-card checklist.
- Barry Bonds Career Highlights use the same design as the 1992 Roger Clemens Career Highlights insert.