1) Despite the open bar, it did not degenerate into the shoutfest I initially feared.
2) In honor of their 60th Anniversary in baseball cards, Topps is planning a huge promotion for 2011 Baseball. They didn't get into much, but I suspect that it will be something along the lines of what they did in 2001.
3) Something they did pass along: real diamonds.
4) Topps Total ain't coming back. Ever. (Sorry, Junkie)
5) Gimmick cards remain as decisive as ever. An informal poll of those attending showed about half like (or at least tolerate) gimmicks and half hate them.
5a) In so many words, they insinuated that "Scoreboard Abe" was a bad idea.
6) The name "Stephen Strasburg" came up a lot.
6a) Strasburg will have a variation in TU&H.
7) Topps is content with MLB, NFL, WWE, and UFC licenses, and will not look to add "minor" sports (i.e. Bull Riding, Poker, Lacrosse, et al).
8) Clay Luraschi is the luckiest SOB in the world. And yeah, I'm jealous.