Monday, April 19, 2010
The Hobby Rumor Mill, with Tracy-Chris Hackolds.
Hi there! I'm Stale Gum "Special Correspondent" Tracy-Chris Hackolds, and here’s a little something that should get The Hobby abuzz … a little something I'll throw out there from time to time called The Hobby Rumor Mill.
- Rumor has it ... That a certain card company CEO hasn't been seen around the office for the last couple of weeks. Maybe spending a little extra time at the penthouse, hmmm?
- Rumor has it ... This same CEO is scheduled to return to the office THIS MORNING to address the troops -- or what remains of them. The CFO quit last week, and much of the rest of upper management has already walked out.
- Rumor has it ... The KFC Double-Down will replace the Ben's Chili Bowl Half-Smoke as "Food of the Gods." Zeus was unavailable for comment.
- Rumor has it ... A major sports organization that recently granted an exclusive trading card license, has already pulled the license BEFORE a single product was ever issued by the licensee! Looks like someone got "schooled!"
- Rumor has it ... That an anonymous entrant into the Stale Gum Upper Deck Death Pool is about to pick...
... hey wait a minute that can't be right? This Friday? April 23rd? 2010? And this anonymous entrant is putting up 10 packs of 1990s era SP Baseball?
I'm not so sure I believe that one. But, we shall see!
We’ll bring you more from The Hobby Rumor Mill soon.
Tracy-Chris Hackolds is the "Special Correspondent" of stalegum.com. Have a comment, question or idea? Send an e-mail to him at firstname.lastname@example.org.